Sunday, April 15, 2012

"A GOAL without a PLAN is just a wish."

It's the start of a new week!  Time to get motivated if you've been procrastinating.  You can do it! If you are already on the right track - Congratulations! Keep up the great work.

Have you made your short-term goals for the week? Do you have your workouts set up for the week?  Do you have a back-up plan for the unexpected obstacles which may interfere with your workout time? Do you have your meals and snacks planned out to avoid binge eating?

THE PLAN!  Stick to your plan and you will see results.  Are you tired of hearing about THE PLAN yet?  Well...are you?  Then make one and give it a chance.  The plan will eventually become integrated into your life if you use it and make it a priority. It will become second nature.

My Plan is in place for the week. I know I have a very busy week ahead.  My kids have many activities and work will require some longer hours than normal.  Plus, I am less than 5 weeks away from my first competition of the season.  Therefore, my food and workouts need to be right on target.   So it is essential I have my plan for the week or I 'm destined to falter.

I know WHEN I will work out each day and WHAT my workouts are.  I know HOW long my workouts take so I can plan my schedule.  I know WHAT I will be eating each meal - as I prepped food today for my meals all week.  I know WHO will be helping me with my kids since I can't do it alone this week.  I know WHY I must get adequate sleep in order to make it through the week.  I cannot allow my workouts to suffer due to my other obligations.  I have my PLAN.  But it also requires my support network.

Some suggestions to do double duty with workouts when time is tight. If you have children to drop at activities, throw your bike or roller blades in the car and do your cardio while they are at practice.  Go for a run or brisk walk. You can run bleachers, hill sprints or track sprints.  There isn't always time to get to the gym so you may need to create your own strength exercises.  Use your body! Go to the playground and use the monkey bars for pull-ups or chin-ups. You can do lunges, push ups, prisoner squats, jump rope or use a bench for fast - paced step-ups.  Your imagination is the limit!  Plus it is a nice change of pace from your normal workout routine.

If you are serious about your goals, you will make the effort the get creative when time or resources are tight. Make it fun. Switch it up. Include your kids, spouse or significant other in an occasional workout to help them understand it's importance to you. If it is important to you, it will be to them as well. They may enjoy it too!

Make it happen.  Start the week off on a positive note and believe in yourself.  You are much stronger than you know so get going on your PLAN!














No comments:

Post a Comment